--

Friday, February 5, 2010

Melanie's "2 Can" Chili

1 lb. lean ground beef 1 large sweet onion, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
3 Tbsp minced garlic
Plenty of fresh ground black pepper

Brown beef together with onion, celery and garlic. Drain any grease.
Heat to med-high and add:

2 cans fire roasted tomatoes (don't drain)
2 cans tomato sauce (I rinse the cans and end up adding about 1/2-3/4 can water)
2 cans dark red kidney beans (drain the tops because bean goo is disturbing)
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (don't sub another kind)
2 Tbsp really good/dark raw honey
2 Tbsp chili powder

Simmer for at least one hour. Try to share.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

When I posted this on FB, I didn't add my usual one large green pepper. I prefer it WITH green pepper but for a long time, Gregg preferred it without. Add it if you wish in the saute stage. It's delish!