--

Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Best Breakfast!


This is seriously the best breakfast casserole I have ever tasted and it's super easy to boot! My sister has been making it for a while and I've been hooked from the first time I tried it. I don't have the cookbook in front of me but these are the correct measurements, just the directions aren't straight from the book.


1 Medium Onion coarsely chopped
4 Cups frozen hash browns, thawed
6 Eggs
1/4 Cup Milk
2 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/4 Tsp. Pepper
1 Cup Grated Cheese


Source: Pampered Chef Busy Moms Cookbook

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute onion and brown thawed hash brown together until brown. In the meantime, combine eggs, milk, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix. In a casserole dish, mix cheese and hash browns together. Poor egg mixture over hash browns. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are set. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Variations: Keilana loves sausage in it; so, I cook about 1/2 a roll of sausage and mix with the hash browns and cheese. My sister has found that 8 eggs and 1/2 cup of milk works better than the what the recipe calls for. I also save about 1/4-1/3 of the cheese to cover the top of the casserole.


As Rachel Ray would say, "YUMMO!"

1 comment:

Wendy said...

AND I put in more than the cup of cheese it calls for....you can NEVER have too much cheese in the Hadley family! :)